Thursday, November 6, 2008

NOT going private...

i've obviously been thinking the last couple days about what this has all escalated to... and i decided to change my mind about going private {for now}, and also add a few more thoughts.

HELLO WORLD! nope, this post is not just to my friends and family.. but apparently to friends of friends of friends of friends of friends. this is a post that you ALL have to read. if you have a blog, you need to read this.

so last night....

i got a new comment on one of my blogs. the 'i.d.' said tmildenhall, and under his name he put a link to a blog with the names of breck and spencer. i have no idea who any of these people are, so i clicked on the link, and found the following post on his blog...
*keep in mind that everything that was highlighted in orange was a link back to my post that they got it from, (dating back to june). meaning that they led all of their friends and friends of their friends to my blog.

No Fer Real- Aren't Stupid People So Stupid and Uggers.

Dear Paige:

I know, I know! You're married and I'm married and I know you would never leave a man who tucks you in at night, dresses up like you for your two month anniversary, and gives you "gerber daisies" (pray tell, where does one find a flower made of baby food) but fer real- I freaking love the heck out of you. Please, please pretty please, keep writing blogs that start like this

"I am just so darn frustrated, i needed to splurge. and i guess my blog is going to do it.... okay, so im not the smartest, most educated person in the world. but this election has bugged me enough to start reading..."

This demonstration of a sincere fight for intellectual excellence (some people don't start reading ever) is why so many non-mormons associate mormons with a deep abiding commitment to education. I totally agree. Stupid people are just so uggh. Why don't they read a book, or at least a New Era article.

Hugs and Kisses,

Educated People.


With the following comments from their friends...

BusterBluth52 said...
Spencer, I don't know how you find these blogs and more, I don't know how you can read them. The spelling, the punctuation, the !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and RANDOM CAPITALIZED WORDS drive me crazy. How much do you want to bet they are in North Carolina selling pest control?

BusterBluth52 said...
"moved to charlotte, north carolina where jord is selling for the summer we love it out here and continue to find blessings for being members of the church, and living right."
I love it! Damn it, it feels good when stereotypes come true. Somehow it makes life seem a little more simple. I really can make sweeping, unfair assumptions about people I don't know, without feeling like a judgmental prick.

tmildenhall said...
dude on one of her posts she says her first 'real' job was doing sales at Abercrombie..aweseom...

Anonymous said...
Spencer and Breckan-Your blog rocks! I find it ironic that the same ignorance that you criticize in others blogs (Paige and Jordan's) and points of views (Glen Becks) is so obviously seen in your writing from the other viewpoint. It appears anyone that has a different opinion than you must be uneducated.Pray tell, why don't you stick to reading blogs of friends and stop reading those of strangers.

(thanks for sticking up for me, whoever you are!)

dizzy said...
hahaha, awesome. looks like it was pulled straight from seriously so blessed

Stanley said...
She spelled lives lifes....

Rustino Scar said...
hey stranger, I am really enjoying this little thing you guys have going on. and, thank you, always, for the witty, clever, and humorous posts. I definitely enjoy your paige.

Henry said...
Well done Spencer

kelly said...
I read this blog after reading your post, and now i'm just trying to pretend it doesn't exist. The part that gets me is that there are SO many just like it, Mormon girls wrapped up so tightly in their own little happy world, ugh!


dont worry, it continues. whoever tried to stand up for me, i appreciate it. but whoever this cynical, self-proclaimed "educated" person is, of course had this to say back to the person who tried to stand up for me. this was on his blog this morning...

But really, in all honesty, all I wanted from sweet Paige was for her to think about the things she "splurges" on her very public blog. Like Glen Beck, by posting ill-thought-out ideas on a public forum, for anyone in the world to view, you open yourself to criticism. Glen Beck knows this and he thrives off the fact that he stirs people to anger by the things he says. If Paige didn't want any scary strangers reading her blog, she would have made it private. But the ego is a mighty thing and it trumps all other fears that would otherwise prevent someone from making their personal life a public show. I was sent a link to Paige's blog. Someone I know thought I would appreciate her recent political "splurge." And I did. The Mormon community in Utah is a very small world. Please tell Paige about the privacy settings. It would make me very happy. Tell Paige to tell her friends too. I would like the LDS community to maintain an image of intelligent, thoughtful, careful people. The rest can remain private. Feel free to visit my blog again. And if you have an opposing view that you feel is well founded, please leave a comment. I enjoy a good discussion. Please don't "splurge," especially when you misspell your punchline. I bet you wish you could take that one back.

Yours Truly.

Here's a few things i have to say.. and i have no doubt that all of you stalkers are going to read this since reading my blog has been something to do lately. but here's a CAUTION to you all, you might not want to read cause the way i write 'drives you crazy'!
Dear "Scary Strangers"...

I FIRST WANT TO SAY.. that i got all of this flack for putting "splurge" on my blog. my bad. i used it out of context. i didn't know that i was supposed to be writing a journalistic, college paper for all of you 'educated' scholars to criticize, (and edit!) I also got flack for saying that my teacher wasn't educated.. and sorry spencer, since I have to answer to you these days, im not taking that back. But let me "enlighten" you and explain further of why i said that.
A liberal teacher who comes into my class, doesn't teach the material that she is supposed to (and wasting the precious money i paid for tuition), says that our college students are idiots for not voting Obama, and then proceeds to defend her speech with YOUTUBE videos of matt damon saying sarah palin is a bad disney movie?!? im sorry.. do you call that an educated defense? I didn't say she wasn't educated because we have different opinions. She defended her reasoning with YOUTUBE. If you want to sit down and have a calm debate about why you think the way you do, thats fine. But at least be educated about it and not use hollywood as a valid source.

continuing...
- talk about violation of your privacy.
- i ENVY the time that you people have on your hands to do all of this.
- "sweet paige". -- well thanks. i didn't know you knew me so well.. (wink, wink!)
-i have avoided going private because its nice to find high school friends or people i haven't seen in awhile. i honestly didn't want to believe that there were people out there that were this inhumane. but turns out i was wrong.
-the thing that i think is HILARIOUS about this whole thing is that you people think you are educated, im trying not to laugh OUTLOUD..... a very different person comes in to mind when i think, "educated".
-i have obviously been VERY confused this whole time about what a blog was about. cause i missed the part where NOT GOING PRIVATE meant that everyone (and i mean everyone) has the right to take personal things that you've written on your blog, and make a joke about it.
- i also missed the part where people acted human. It absolutely makes me sick that you, breck and spencer, and all of your friends think this is funny to make jokes about someones personal life when you have NO idea who i am..... but dont feel like "a judgmental prick" for doing so. ---what a joke.
- i, actually, think its funny all the critisim that i got for mispellings, or RANDOM CAPITALIZED WORDS (etc.. the list goes on) cause first of all, tmildenhall spelled awesome wrong, and second, i was NEVER out to impress ANY of you with things that i've said on my blog. cause my blog was NOT MEANT FOR YOU.
- this was BY FAR my favorite comment... thanks kelly! "I read this blog (talking about mine) after reading your post, and now i'm just trying to pretend it doesn't exist. The part that gets me is that there are SO many just like it, Mormon girls wrapped up so tightly in their own little happy world, ugh!" i mean come on, are the rest of you laughing?!? i honestly feel so bad for this girl.
- i was actually reading an article last week about people that do these kinds of things on the internet, and it said that they are the most COWARDLY people in the world. funny right?
- i would also like to GRACIOUSLY thank the little spy who goes around to people's blogs and 'reports' back to the ALL-KNOWING spencer and breckan. i didn't know that there were blog police saying that what i put on my blog is not pleasing to them.. so i should go private. seriously, get a life.
- i have NO DOUBT in my mind that spencer/breckan/friends and their disgusting internet "intelligent" games are going to continue. In fact, part of this post will probably be their post in the morning, including a new round of critisism. but after all, CLEARLY this is all my fault for not going private, right?!?


So here's to you, family and friends.. Captain Breckan and Spencer told us to go private. so we better obey their orders.... here's their message.
"The Mormon community in Utah is a very small world. Please tell Paige about the privacy settings. It would make me very happy. Tell Paige to tell her friends too. I would like the LDS community to maintain an image of intelligent, thoughtful, careful people. The rest can remain private."

What a joy to know these people are LDS, right!?!

But after all this, i've decided against going private. Mostly because i dont think these "scary strangers" have the right to tell anyone to go private. And second, why would i go private when my blog has obviously become the MOST SEEN in town! Thanks breck and spencer for leading everyone here, but i will warn you if you keep reading.. the random capitalized words, and !!!!!!!, will probably continue. So to all of you who are absolutely going nuts about the way that i write, you should probably do what you should have done long ago...spend all your free time elsewhere.
"hugs and kisses"
-paige

HERE'S TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE RECENTLY BECOME MY #1 FANS!!!! thanks for reading so often!